Today LEGOLAND Florida Resort made two major announcements. The first, the opening day of the LEGOLAND Hotel is May 15, 2015. The second is the announcement of a new “land” in the park called Heartlake City, based on the LEGO Friends brand. (To view the press conference in full, click here.)
It wasn’t the best “chamber weather” today to show off the property, but you could still feel the excitement at the prospect of this hotel opening in exactly 4 months! This will cement LEGOLAND Florida and Winter Haven as a multi-day destination!
So here are the fun facts:
- This project will created approximately 150 more jobs to Winter Haven!
- The five-story, 152 room Hotel immerses guests in the creative LEGO® world as it’s designed to bring children’s imaginations to life. Every single room is themed and each guest room as no less than EIGHT LEGO® models. There will be 4 room themes, Pirate, Adventure, Kingdom and one surprise theme to be announced at a later date.
- Located just steps from the main entrance of LEGOLAND® Florida, guests will have exclusive early morning access to the theme park designed for families with children ages 2-12
- Ever been in a Disco Elevator? As guests enter the elevator, lights pulsate in the ceiling to music, guests stand on ‘lava’ tiles, a mirror ball rotates and different sound effects announce arrival on each floor (editorial note – I would love to see the LEGOLAND YouTube channel do a compilation of dancing disco elevator videos, with guest permission of course!)
There are more than 2,000 LEGO models in the entire Hotel created out of more than two million LEGO bricks!
- LEGOLAND Hotel at LEGOLAND Florida Resort is the first LEGOLAND Hotel to have its own Model Shop and guests can sign up for Model Builder Workshop classes.
- Hotel guests are greeted by a LEGO dragon and the spectacular entrance leads to themed play areas, a family pool, lounge, family restaurant, LEGO models and interactive features throughout
- Behind the reception desk in the lobby is an entire wall created out of more than 5,000 LEGO Minifigures
- The Castle Play area is based on the LEGO Kingdom and Pirates line with elements of adventure
- Inside the Castle Play area there is a pirate ship complete with a blimp, docked along a moat filled with LEGO which surrounds an interactive castle
- Every room includes a treasure chest that younger guests can unlock once they complete a special treasure hunt activity!
- Special kid-focused features include peep holes at a lower level and LEGO bricks in each room for children to create their own masterpieces
- Bricks Family Restaurant includes a buffet station designed specifically for kids with healthy options available at a height they can reach
- Sky Line Lounge features a LEGO skyline with humorous scenes designed by the Park’s Master Model Builders
- Restaurants and lounges are open to the public based on availability
Book your room today at florida.legoland.com.
The second announcement was about the new land “Heartlake City.” The 4-1-1:
- Heartlake City will be a colorful and vibrant new land offering adventures for all ages. It is based on the LEGO® Friends line of toys which targets girls.
- This land will be located where the former butterfly greenhouse and/or Fresh from Florida display was (directly across from the mansion)
- The centerpieces will include a fantastic horse-themed disc coaster (think gravitron and pendulum carnival ride, but the higher-tech, pink-knuckle, 2-12 year-old friendly version) called Mia’s Riding Adventure
- There will also be a ninteractive show called ‘Friends to the Rescue’ which will be in an indoor theater
- New shops will be located inside Heartlake Mall
- There will be a TV Studio to include the character corner since one of the characters aspires to be a TV news anchor.
All in all, this means big things for Winter Haven and Polk County. And BIG OPPORTUNITIES – We will have more people staying in Winter Haven, which means they will want to take advantage of all of the other things we have to do. So get those entrepreneurial hats on and take advantage of this amazing opportunity.
In this Fox News 13 story, learn more about this development boom due partially to the investment Merlin Entertainments Group has made in our community! http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/